The Elizabeth Avenue Volunteer Fire Company is always looking for new volunteer members. We accept members from not only our response area, but also surrounding areas and communities. Members are needed now in the following categories:
Active Firefighter: Age 18 and above, responds to fire calls and actively participates in firefighting.
Junior Firefighter: Age 16-18, responds to fire calls, assists active firefighters but does not actively engage in firefighting.
Affiliate Firefighter: Already a member of another fire department, actively participates in firefighting.
Associate Member: Assists with Administrative tasks and duties but does not actively participate in firefighting.
Ladies' Auxillary: Assists with fund raising, provides relief at fires and extended incidents.
Membership has its privileges, including:
- Length of Service Awards Program:similar to a 401K plan. Current value is $1,669 per year.
- Yearly stipend for fire call attendance. Most of our members average $800 per year or more
- Life insurance benefit
- Per Diem reimbursement for time spent on Fire Department business or on training
- Local, state and national-level training
- Uniforms, turn-out gear, training and personal equipment provided
- Membership to Affinity Federal Credit Union
- Tuition Credit. Active members are entitled to up to six credits per semester at New Jersey community colleges at no cost
Applications can be dropped off at the station any Wednesday night between 7:00 and 9:00pm
To contact someone regarding membership click on email@example.com